The Dress Code at South Herts is based on the simple tenet that we expect golfers to wear ‘accepted golf clothing’ on the course. Off the course it is a practical and flexible dress code, and we ask visitors/guests to abide by it in the same way as South Herts members are expected to. Members and visitors/guests are requested to comply with these reasonable requirements to avoid any possibility of embarrassment. The Secretary and members of staff are empowered to ask any person not suitably attired to amend their mode of dress or withdraw from the Course or Clubhouse. On occasions, these dress regulations may be relaxed by order of the Captain, or in his absence the Secretary or a member of the Committee.
On the Course
- Men - Collared shirts with long or short sleeves.
- Ladies - Ladies may wear sleeveless golf tops,
- Roll, crew, turtle, V-neck jumpers/golf tops.
- Tailored trousers, Plus four's, Plus twos.
- Tailored shorts with predominantly white socks. Golf skirts with white or colour coordinated socks.
- Golf shoes.
- Outer clothing to protect against wet or winter conditions must be in keeping with normal golf attire.
- Denim Jeans are not permitted.
Dining Room & MAIN LOUNGE
Members, Guests & Societies
- Smart casual clothing unless the dress code for a Club function or match allows otherwise.
- Prior to or during a golf event, golf attire, including 'trainers' is acceptable.
- Golf shoes however are
not permitted in the dining-room/main lounge except within the designated 'spike' area at the lounge bar.
Harry Vardon Bar, EAST LOUNGE & TERRACE
- Golf attire/smart casual clothing.
Dai Rees SWING STUDIO & SNOOKER ROOM
- Golf Attire/smart casual clothing
The following are
not allowed on the course or in the clubhouse:
- Sports & untailored shorts, ‘cargo’ trousers/shorts, track & leisure suits, dirty work clothes, ripped/frayed jeans (by design or not).
- Men - sleeveless shirts, trousers tucked into socks, shirts worn outside of trousers (unless designed for that purpose).
- Hats must be removed inside the Clubhouse
- Golf equipment should not be brought through the lounge and bar areas of the Clubhouse unless accessing the Dai Rees Swing Studio (see swing studio rules