For 2019/20 South Herts is offering an excellent opportunity for people new to Golf or wanting to put their casual golf on a formal footing by being a member of a club and wishing to develop their golfing skills. This package is a once-only 12-month membership of South Herts excellent par-3 9-hole Rees course plus four 30-minute lessons with a club professional. This membership is available from October 2019 until September 2020. After completion then the individual can join the club as a member of the Rees course with the opportunity to transfer to the 18-hole Vardon course (as a 5 or
7 day member) at a future date subject to meeting handicap criteria.
What you get:
- Unlimited weekday & weekend use of the Rees Course
- Use of practice putting green, practise nets, chipping area and driving range
- Opportunity to achieve an official playing handicap
- Use of club facilities including receiving a bar card for purchasing food and beverages in the clubhouse.
- The pro-shop will loan clubs for new golfers and some second-hand clubs can also be purchased when available.
- Bring guests to play the Rees course at the prevailing guest rate
- The four 30-minute lessons with a club professional will cover (guide only)
- Equipment and Dress code
- Grip & Stance
- Basic swing technique
- Hitting irons on the Range
- Hitting Woods on the Range
- Dealing with slopes on the fairways
- Bunker play
- Putting basics
- Playing lesson on the course
- Equipment advise
- Rules and etiquette of golf (a handout to be provided)
*This offer is not open to existing members of the Rees or Vardon courses.
APPLICATION FORM AND NEW MEMBER PACK AVAILABLE FROM THE OFFICE OR BAR
here to print
on-line application form