For 2019/20 South Herts is offering an excellent opportunity for people new to Golf or wanting to put their casual golf on a formal footing by being a member of a club and wishing to develop their golfing skills. This package is a once-only 12-month membership of South Herts excellent par-3 9-hole Rees course plus four 30-minute lessons with a club professional. This membership is available from October 2019 until September 2020. After completion then the individual can join the club as a member of the Rees course with the opportunity to transfer to the 18-hole Vardon course (as a 5 or 7 day member) at a future date subject to meeting handicap criteria.
What you get:
- Unlimited weekday & weekend use of the Rees Course
- Use of practice putting green, practise nets, chipping area and driving range
- Opportunity to achieve an official playing handicap
- Use of club facilities including receiving a bar card for purchasing food and beverages in the clubhouse.
- The pro-shop will loan clubs for new golfers and some second-hand clubs can also be purchased when available.
- Bring guests to play the Rees course at the prevailing guest rate
- The four 30-minute lessons with a PGA qualified club professional will aim to cover:
- Grip, stance and basic swing technique
- Chipping, pitching, bunker play and putting
- Club selection using wedges, irons and woods
- Techniques for dealing with difficult lies and slopes
- Applying your new skills in a playing lesson
- Equipment advise, essential golf rules and etiquette
*This offer is not open to existing members of the Rees or Vardon courses.
APPLICATION FORM AND NEW MEMBER PACK AVAILABLE FROM THE OFFICE OR BAR
here to print on-line application form