We continue to search for people who are as excited as us about working at South Herts Golf Club. If you believe you have the edge and are committed to joining our team then contact us. We would love to meet you.
Course Starters/ Marshalls
Report to: Head Golf Professional
This newly created position, working on a seasonal basis in March - October to cover the main golfing events and visiting groups.
The role would suit someone with flexibility and is a non-paid role, in return you will receive access to the Vardon course.
What will I be doing?
- Providing a warm welcome to the club with guidance for visitors as to the whereabouts of coffee etc on arrival, the locker rooms and daily codes, scorecards, and directions to the course facilities.
- Locate visitors to the necessary car park, bag drop and cross-reference appropriate dress to access the Clubhouse and Course.
- Setting up “Nearest the Pin” and “Longest Drive” equipment if and when required.
- Bringing personality to the role so as to improve the visitor’s experience, acting as an ambassador for the club, providing exceptional service and behaviour.
- Using tact and diplomacy, ensuring that enforcement is viewed as assistance rather than criticism, punishment or restriction (Being the person every player is happy to see)
- Endeavour to exceed player expectations helping locate lost golf balls, rake bunkers and offering to help groups who are struggling to keep up.
- Monitoring pace of play, etiquette and course car.
- Ensuring player safety at all times.
- Providing extra eyes and ears for the security of the course.
What does the Club need from me?
- Excellent communication skills with
previous golf experience
- A passion to deliver excellent customer service
- Enthusiastic Team Player with a professional demeanour
(Please attach a covering letter outlining your golfing experience)